The reason most people have no experience with firearms and aren't effective advocates for the Second Amendment is the same reason most people don't get involved in politics or take leadership roles: they're afraid they'll get hurt, they think politics and guns are scary, and they think it's more complicated than it actually is. All of these concerns stem from a lack of experience.
This is a beginner course that will demystify firearms and how to fight for the Second Amendment, while making it fun and easy for beginner shooters (including first time and limited experience) to improve their aim and their safety. We will begin with an in-depth orientation including standard safety practices, basic self-defense, how to obtain a Firearm Safety Certificate and Concealed Carry Permit, and an overview of the most crucial laws and regulations for California firearm owners!
A meal, range fees, rentals, safety gear, instruction, and all necessary materials are included in your registration fee! Enough ammunition will be provided for everyone's learning purposes - additional ammunition and rentals will be available for an extra cost through the private range we are using.
This event is made possible with the support of America's Future Foundation, an organization that empowers young people to be active, civil, and curious citizens who build freer communities that lead to fulfillment, dignity, and happiness for all.
What attendees learn:
- Firearm safety, care, and loading
- Local and state regulations, including how to obtain a Firearm Safety Certificate, qualify for a Concealed Carry Permit, and legally purchase a firearm in California
- The difference between major types of ammunition and firearms
- Beginner marksmanship; posture, aim, discharge
- How to prepare and clean up a range
- The legal nuances and responsibilities of self-defense
Upon completing your registration, you will receive a detailed confirmation email with the location of the event, and a safety form that must be filled out in advance. Phone numbers are required for registration so we can communicate important details to you by phone and text in advance of the event. You will know that you're registered when you see "Registration Complete" on your screen and when you receive the confirmation email. If you don't see that, your registration is most likely not complete. For additional questions, please contact Nathan Fatal at (978) 973-0322.
All attendees will be required to fill out separate forms acknowledging and agreeing to the following safety precautions:
- Attendees under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- All attendees must agree to all our liability and safety requirements
- All attendees must agree not to hold any individuals, organizers, instructors, sponsoring organizations, the owners of the businesses or ranges we work with liable for injury, death, or damage to personal property
- All attendees are provided with basic eye and hearing protection and encouraged to invest in their own, as well as required to wear closed-toed shoes,
- All attendees are prohibited from using or bringing any alcohol or other drugs, during or before the event.
- Always treat the firearm as if it's loaded, even if you're sure it's not
- Never point a firearm at anyone or anything except the actual targets downrange. Never point at anything you don't intend to destroy
- Keep fingers off the trigger until ready to fire with the firearm pointed downrange