Learn how to become a more effective and valuable writer from the comfort of your own home or office.
The Digital Writing Workshop will help those who write social media updates, blog posts, or email newsletters for themselves or an organization.
Improving your digital writing skills is the best investment you can make in dramatically increasing the effectiveness of your online presence.
1pm - 2pm EDT | Principles of Persuasion
Understand the principles of persuasion so that you can craft a message that convinces your supporters to take action. Combining real-world examples and theory, you'll learn:
- what makes persuasive writing different from how you've likely been taught to write previously;
- how to identify stories about your work for use; and
- how to shape a compelling message using proven principles of persuasion.
2pm-3pm EDT | Writing Templates
Your message is uniquely yours ... but that doesn't mean you have to start from scratch with every project. You'll learn:
- broad templates to apply to writing emails, blog posts, and other longer-form projects so you can work quickly;
- how to identify and develop stories about your work to use later; and
- how to “package” your writing to spark interest and produce consistently compelling posts on social media.
3pm-4pm EDT | Promoting Your Work
Most of the online writing is rarely shared and read by few. That doesn't have to be true for your work. Learn how to promote your work, including:
- how to reach your audience and determine which social media platforms you should devote time to;
- how to interpret data from your email and social media platforms – without feeling overwhelmed or like it's taking too much time;
- how to leverage affordable online advertising – when it makes sense for your project; and
- how to stay ahead of changing technology and trends.
This workshop begins at 1pm Eastern / Washington D.C. time.