Instagram is a powerful -- and fun -- tool to use for online communications, with more than 500 million users worldwide logging in every day. The free mobile application, owned by Facebook, can be daunting for new users, with an array of options and seemingly endless settings.
In this fun, hands-on workshop – offered in the Leadership Institute's live, interactive online training platform – you'll learn how to navigate Instagram confidently and use it to accomplish your communications goals.
Understanding Instagram (6pm to 7pm ET) -- Learn how to navigate Instagram like a pro, even if you've only opened the app occasionally. Complete with hands-on practice, you'll learn:
- how to post to your Instagram account -- and what all the buttons and special settings do;
- how to find Instagram accounts you want to follow ... and connect with people who want to follow you; and
- what all the terms and symbols mean (e.g. #, stories, and boomerang).
Instagram Tools (7pm to 8pm ET) -- Learn how to make the most of Instagram's advanced tools and features. Complete with hands-on practice, you'll learn:
- how to use Instagram Stories, one of the most popular (but daunting!) features on the app;
- how you can measure your performance on Instagram; and
- what Instagram's "extra" apps (Hyperlapse, Layout, and Boomerang) do and when you want to use them.
Content Strategy & Community (8pm to 9pm ET) -- Learn how to develop your own strategy so you can use Instagram to accomplish your goals. You'll learn:
- how political figures, journalists, and media organizations use Instagram;
- how to develop a plan so you consistently post content that you're proud of; and
- how to increase your followers on Instagram -- and build an authentic community as you grow.
All sessions are online, live, and interactive. The times are EST / Eastern / UTC-4.