Participate in mock interviews with media professionals and receive a personalized critique on how to tailor your message and appearance for television at Leadership Institute's On-Camera Television Workshop.
The On-camera Workshop takes place in front of the TV cameras in the Leadership Institute's Norma Zimdahl Master Studio in the Sacher Multimedia Center located in Arlington, VA.
You will be coached through two rounds of mock interviews while receiving personalized critiques and feedback on how to better tailor your appearance and message delivery for TV.
Individuals who attend the On-Camera Workshop receive a copy of their footage.
Class size is limited to six people to maximize your time on camera.
Who it's for:
- Media and communications professionals
- Political strategists, advocates, and pundits
- Policy experts
- Current and future elected officials and candidates
- Anyone preparing for an upcoming on-camera or radio interview
How you'll benefit:
- You'll develop your on-camera message and delivery techniques
- You'll learn best practices for on-camera gestures and facial expressions
- You'll gain confidence in your on-camera ability
What to expect: This half-day workshop is split into three sections. In the first section, your instructor will give you time to work on your chosen interview topic and talking points. Sections two and three include the two interview formats – news desk and satellite. In the news desk format, you'll sit one-on-one with your “host” to simulate an in-studio interview. In the satellite format, you'll be interviewed by your “host” remotely via earpiece. Instructors will review the recorded footage with you immediately following both sets of interviews and provide individualized feedback. Your footage will also be provided to you 1-2 weeks following the workshop.
- On-camera time
- Personalized interview critique
- Copy of footage
*Ask us about student and group rates.