Leftist Abuses and Bias on Campus Back
Leftist Control on Campus
- Overwhelmingly leftist faculty.
- Overwhelmingly leftist administrators who actively suppress conservative activities and refuse to address grievances from students who suffer persecution for their conservative beliefs.
- Leftist domination of most student government associations.
- Leftist domination of "student courts" which decide issues regarding student government actions and persecute students for activities in behalf of conservative principles.
Leftist Indoctrination on Campus
- Large numbers of courses presented that explicitly in their catalog descriptions push leftist ideology, but no balance of conservative principles offered in the curriculum.
- Indoctrination of students in class by faculty who promote socialist ideas and other leftist priorities.
- Leftist faculty using their class time to preach politics instead of teaching the topic at hand.
- Faculty who express in class blatant contempt of conservative ideas.
- Assignment by faculty of one-sided textbooks and readings which systematically push leftist ideas and denigrate or ignore conservative ideas.
- Leftist domination of almost all official campus newspapers, which are funded by taxpayers, compulsory student fees, or unwitting donors to the colleges and universities.
- Large numbers of leftist student organizations, supported by major, national leftist organizations.
- Leftist monopolies of most journalism faculties.
- Programs which present overwhelmingly leftist off-campus speakers to the students.
- Overwhelmingly leftist speakers provided to speak to graduates and their families at graduation ceremonies.
- College and university libraries packed with leftist books and magazines but few if any books or publications which promote conservative principles.
- Compulsory freshman orientation programs and "sensitivity training" designed by leftists to undermine traditional values.
- Mandatory seminars for students on how to have "safe sex" with little or no mention of the possibility or merits of abstinence or marriage.
- Enforced diversity in every area except for the adherence to or the teaching of conservative principles.
Systematic Exclusion of Conservatives
- Student admission procedures which deliberately weed out applicants who appear to be conservative.
- Known conservatives excluded from positions as dormitory Resident Assistants (who get free rooms) and all RAs subjected to training programs biased against traditional values.
- Graduate school practices which make it difficult or impossible for conservative graduate students to get advanced degrees which would lead to college teaching positions.
- Faculty hiring procedures which make it difficult or impossible for conservatives who manage to get advanced degrees to get teaching positions.
- Denial of salary increases to conservative faculty.
- Exclusion of conservative faculty from teaching courses that are requirements for graduation.
- Denial of tenure to faculty members because they are discovered to be conservatives.
- Tenure rules which give lifetime salaries to even the most incompetent leftist professors.
Persecution of Conservative Students and Organizations
- Faculty who discourage or prohibit the expression of conservative thought by students in class.
- Faculty who urge students in their classes to vote for specific leftist candidates.
- Exams that assume a leftist agenda to be correct.
- Faculty who penalize in their grades students who reveal themselves to be conservative, which sometimes delays or even prevents those students' graduation.
- Speech codes and campus rules which facilitate leftist indoctrination and clamp down on any expression of conservative opinions.
- Faculty who shout down speakers and even organize walkouts if conservatives speak at public programs on campus.
- Refusal or long delays in granting conservative student groups recognition as official campus groups, despite the presence of many officially recognized leftist student groups.
- Official student organization allotting student activity fee money overwhelmingly to leftist student groups.
- Refusal of administration to allow student groups to present conservative speakers on campus, on the basis of assumed security risk.
- Discrimination against conservative student groups which ask to reserve rooms or other campus facilities for meetings and public programs -- denying them rooms, unreasonably delaying the assignment of rooms, changing the room at the last moment, or giving them the worst locations.
- Destruction or theft of any conservative publications on campus.
- Vandalization of campus offices of conservative student groups.
- Proliferation of leftist signs, posters, and flyers posted on bulletin boards all over campus but the immediate defacement or tearing down of comparable conservative materials.
- Toleration of leftist slogans and advertising posted on dorm room doors but restriction and destruction of comparable conservative communications.
- Persecution of students and student organizations who are motivated by religious faith.
- Ridicule of students who appear on campus in their military uniforms.
Political Correctness Gone Mad
- Prohibitions of U.S. military recruiters on campus.
- Prohibitions of ROTC programs on campus.
- Violation of freedom of association through persecution or prohibition of fraternities and sororities.
- Elimination of single-sex bathrooms in dormitories or establishment of special bathrooms for the "transgendered."
- College rules which authorize overnight guests in dorm rooms with people of either sex -- rules which force offended roommates either to witness these sexual couplings or to find somewhere else to spend the night.