Future Candidate Workshop
1 or 2 Days $25-$50 (Meals Included)
The Future Candidate Workshop is designed to build on our Campaign Management Workshop. The program helps develop potential candidates and community activists to run for office successfully by building a grassroots organization. The Future Candidate Workshop focuses on your personal and political preparation for a future career as an elected official and community leader.
Ideal attendees for the Future Candidate Workshop are candidates and senior campaign staff involved at the local or state level. Winning campaigns are 90% preparation and 10% perspiration. This training will provide you give you the knowledge to make a difference on a political or legislative campaign.
The Future Candidate Workshop will teach you proven methods used by winning campaigns.
Attendees will learn how to:
• Decide if they are ready to run
• Organize a campaign staff and structure
• Raise funds
• Communicate with voters
• Work with the media
• Manage a crisis
Sample Lectures Include:
• Are You Ready to Run?
• How to File and Become a Candidate
• Fundamentals of Leadership
• Campaign Structure-Hiring and Firing of Staff and Consultants
• Developing a Finance Committee
• Person to Person Fundraising
• Fundraising-Political Action Committees
• Message Development
• Writing a Speech
• Public Speaking Secrets
• Preparing for Political Debates
• Tips for Radio and TV Interviews
A second day adds these additional features:
• Workshop-Person to Person Fundraising
• Workshop-Crisis Communications
• Workshop- Public Speaking
• Group Presentation-Crisis Communications
Contact Robert with your questions or to request training.