Learn how to develop speeches that withstand press scrutiny and learn how to write by committee at the Leadership Institute's Speechwriting Workshop taught by speechwriter Dr. John Shosky.
In this class, you will look at professional speeches that are well-written, persuasive, and cogent. Your instructor will discuss the primary components of speechwriting, including research, argument development, formatting, and more.
You will talk about effectively using a speech in a political campaign. The instructor will discuss target audiences, pro-active messaging, winning strategies, and effective impact.
Who it's for:
- Media and communications professionals
- Elected officials and candidates
- Aspiring speechwriters
- Anyone preparing for an upcoming speaking engagement
How you'll benefit:
- analyze famous speeches
- deliver speeches professionally
- organize and prepare effective speeches
- think on your feet in impromptu speeches
What to expect: This one-evening workshop streams Dr. Shosky's lecture. This evening consists of instruction and interactive samples of select speeches.