Facebook is quickly becoming the most powerful tool an activist has. Find the people you should know and connect your connections.
The Leadership Institute's Online Training: Facebook for Activism will show you how to use Facebook to build a movement around the candidate, campaign, or cause you're committed to.
You will leave this training with strategies that you can use to accomplish your goals, whether it's starting chapters, recruiting volunteers, building your meetings and events, or even just connecting your friends to each other.
Facebook for Activism (Monday, 3pm to 4:30pm EDT) -- Lay the foundation of your digital activism efforts with Facebook by organizing your supporters and building coalitions. You'll learn:
- how to identify your grassroots supporters on social media;
- how to prime your Facebook for success to activate people in your online community; and,
- the five-step process to build relationships with your supporters.
Your Best Content (Tuesday, 3pm to 4:30pm EDT) -- High-performing Facebook pages require a constant input of high-quality content. You'll learn:
- best practices to create content that your supporters will respond to and want to share;
- how to adapt existing content for use on Facebook (and other social media); and
- how to build an editorial calendar that saves you time.
Facebook Ads (Wednesday, 3pm to 4:30pm EDT) -- Understand when and how to run ad campaigns on Facebook. You'll learn:
- how to set the right budget for your Facebook ads;
- a step-by-step guide to placing your own ads on Facebook to maximize your ROI; and
- how to present the ad campaign results to others on your team or in your organization.