November 9, 2010, Arlington, VA—The Leadership Institute trained thousands of conservatives in preparation for the Nov. 2nd election last week, including seven members of the freshman class in the 112th U.S. Congress, seven state elected officials, four U.S. Senators’ campaign staffers, and two Members of Congress’ campaign staffers.
Many LI graduates took what they learned at our training and applied it to their own campaigns for federal office. They will now be members of the freshman class of the 112th congress. Here are some of LI’s winning 2010 graduates:
• David Schweikert, AZ 5th Congressional District
• Tom Graves, GA 9th Congressional District
• Raul Labrador, ID 1st Congressional District
• Tim Huelskamp, KS 1st Congressional District
• Andy Harris, MD 1st Congressional District
• Vicky Hartzler, MO 4th Congressional District
• Rick Berg, ND At-Large
The Leadership Institute is making a difference at the local level as well. Here are a few of the LI trained candidates who were elected to offices in their state:
• Mark Butler, Georgia, Labor Commissioner
• Tim Echols, Georgia, Public Service District 2
• Matt Schultz, Iowa, Secretary of State
• Doug Goehring, North Dakota, Ag. Commissioner
• Ken Miller, Oklahoma, State Treasurer
• Steve Barnett, South Dakota, State Auditor
• John Barge, Georgia, School Superintendent
Senior campaign staffers across the country were also trained by LI. Here are some of the key folks who helped campaigns this November.
• Jesse Benton, Campaign Manager, Rand Paul, US Senate
• Jessica Corbett, Field Director, Marco Rubio, US Senate
• Dan Brett, Field Director, Dick Muri, WA 9th Congressional District
• Alisha Kirby, Finance Director, Mike Pompeo, KS 4th Congressional District
In addition to these senior staffers, LI also trained state-wide youth coordinators in several US Senate campaigns including:
• Rand Paul, US Senate
• Joe Miller, US Senate
• Pat Toomey, US Senate
The Leadership Institute, in partnership with Tea Party Patriots, launched TeaPartyTraining.org on July 4th. This Web site trained and empowered over 3,800 conservatives who might not otherwise be able to attend LI training.
LI provided thousands of key conservatives the tools to win for candidates and causes of their choice in the U.S. and abroad through LI’s international training department in this election cycle.
LI will continue to train conservative students, activists, and leaders to fight liberals on college campuses, in state legislatures, in the halls of Congress, and in the 2012 elections.
The Leadership Institute is an educational foundation whose mission is to increase the number and effectiveness of conservative activists and leaders in the public policy process. To accomplish this, LI identifies, recruits, trains, and places conservatives in government, politics, and the media. Since the Institute’s 1979 founding, more than 90,000 people have been trained (with half of those being in the last six years) in one or more of the 40 current programs offered in all 50 states and across the globe. For more information, please visit: http://www.leadershipinstitute.org