Submit to Sound Money Essay Contest – Atlas Economic Research Foundation
January 12, 2011 | By Lauren Hart
January 12, 2011, Arlington, VA— January 15th is the deadline to submit an essay for the Sound Money Essay Contest sponsored by the Atlas Economic Research Foundation. Cash prizes are given out to top writers.
The contest is open to students, young faculty, and policy writers interested in sound money.
• $2,000 to the overall winner
• Two $1,000 prizes to outstanding essays written by junior faculty, graduate students, or policy writers in the United States
• Two $1,000 prizes to outstanding essays written by foreign-based students, junior faculty, or policy writers
• Two $500 prizes for outstanding essays written by undergraduate students in the United States
Essay topics are:
• Sound Money and Stability: How do Monetary Distortions Create Economic Imbalances?
• Monetary Policy and the Rule of Law: What Are the Links Between Sound Money and the Rule of Law?
• A New Monetary regime and the Future of Fiat Money: Can Improved Monetary Policies Prevent Future Crises?
• The Future of Monetary Nationalism: Are Competing National Currencies and Independent Monetary Policies Compatible with a Globalized Economy?
• Effective Strategies on How to Restore Limited Government Though Sound Money
To be eligible, you must be 35 or young, a junior faculty member or a student of a fully-accredited university, or a policy writer connected to a think tank or a policy institute.
Email completed essays to SoundMoneyProject@AtlasNetwork.org before or on January 15, 2011. Include in the email your name, mailing address, the think tank, university or school you wish to list as a affiliation.
For more information, click here.
The Leadership Institute is an educational foundation whose mission is to increase the number and effectiveness of conservative activists and leaders in the public policy process. To accomplish this, LI identifies, recruits, trains, and places conservatives in government, politics, and the media. Since the Institute’s 1979 founding, more than 90,000 people have been trained (with half of those being in the last six years) in one or more of the 40 current programs offered in all 50 states and across the globe. For more information, please visit: http://www.leadershipinstitute.org