What you will learn
West Virginia RLC Campaign & Activism Workshop
Ft. Boreman Room - Wood County Courthouse
Judge Black Annex, 317 Market Street
Parkersburg, West Virginia 26101
$30.00 (lunch included)
This workshop teaches you skills for better managing or participating in a winning campaign and for building your grassroots organization. Every year thousands run for elected office, but only a few win. Get the skills necessary to be a leader for the campaign of your choice.
The workshop focuses on effective activism. Political success is determined by the number and EFFECTIVENESS of the activists on the respective sides. You'll learn how to communicate more productively and to build better coalitons.
Ideal attendees are campaign staff, candidates, volunteers, activists, or groups interested in working on ballot initiatives, propositions, or legislation.
You will learn to:
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Build a grassroots infrastructure
- Identify & target voters
- Get your voters to the polls
- Develop your campaign's message
Sample Lectures Include:
- The Real Nature of Politics and Elections
- Researching the Candidates and District
- Developing an Effective Message
- Building Coalitions
- Voter Identification and Targeting
- Voter Contact Tactics
- Voter Turnout Operations